Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 170 :: Monday June 18 :: Ottawa

Make something unintended out of existing instructions (clothing patterns, model kit instructions, craft instructions, etc) by not following the directions correctly, by using different materials, or by using the physical paper the instructions are on.

As fun as assembling an actual life-size, working car from model kit instructions would have been (gstar trivia: I loved assembling model cars in my teens!), I had to settle for something a little simpler on this assignment. Scrounging around, I found some IKEA assembly instructions that weren't needed anymore. The little dude in one illustration inspired me to create a paper string of similar little dudes using one spread of the instructions. Ta-dah!





No comments:

Post a Comment